Dr. E. N. SIVADASAN
MA, Ph.D. (Pol), MA (H.R.), MSc (Psy), PGDGC
Peruva, Kottayam (Dist)
Kerala - 686610
- Lecturer in Political Science, St. Thomas College, Kozhencheri (MG University) (1993 to 1994)
- Lecturer in Political Science, T. K. M. M. College, Nangiarkulangara, University of Kerala under S. N. Trust Management (1994 to 1995)
- Associate Professor and Head, Department of Political Science, S N College, Cherthala (1995 to 2016)
- Associate Professor, S N College, Cherthala (2006 to 2016)
- Principal, S. N. College, Alathur (Calicut University) (2016 to 2019)
- 1985 – MA Political Science, Maharajas College Ernakulam, MG University, Kottayam
- 1992 – PhD, Political Science, MG University, Kottayam
- 2013 – MSc Applied Psychology, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu
- 2015 – PG Diploma in Guidance and Counselling, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu
- 2016 – MA in Human Rights, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu
- Research Guide (PhD) and Research Co-ordinator, Vaikom Sathyagraha Smaraka Research Centre, Vaikom (Affiliated to MG University, Kottayam)
- Principal Investigator – UGC Funded Research Project on Human Rights and Children – A Case Study of Children in Alappuzha District
- Research Papers in UGC Recognised National and International Research Journals
- Resource Person for National Seminars and Workshops
- Resource person – Institute of Management in Government (IMG, Govt of Kerala) for Govt. College Teachers
- Nodal officer, UGC Sponsored degree course in Human Rights
ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
- Senate member, CUSAT
- Principal, S N College, Alathur aided College Affiliated to Calicut University
- Member, Board of Studies in Political Science (UG), University of Kerala
- Chairman, Board of Examination, University of Kerala
- Head of the Department of Political Science, Sree Narayana College, Cherthala (10 years)
- Secretary, College Council (10 Years)
- Co-ordinator, IQAC , Sree Narayana College, Cherthala
- Co-ordinator, NAAC Screening Committee
- Nodal Officer, UGC Sponsored BA Honors in Human Rights (Course Sanctioned by the UGC for 5 years
- Programme Officer, National Service Scheme(NSS) – 7 years (Best Programme Officer Award Winner, Kerala University)
PAPER PUBLISHED IN RECOGNISED JOURNALS, PRESENTED IN UGC SPONSORED AND OTHER SEMINAR/WORKSHOPS AND OTHER POSITIONS
- Consumer Rights and Law: Challenges and Issues in the Globalised World, International Journal of Research Culture Society, January 2020.
- Kudumbashree and Women Empowerment, The International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Model Analysis, January 2020.
- Human Rights and Children: A Study in the Coastal Area in Alappuzha District, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), Bhavnagar, 2019.
- Problems and Prospects of Eco Tourism with Special Reference to Wayanad District, Kerala, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR).
- Poverty Eradication and Social Development: A Human Rights Perspective, ISDA Journal.
- Globalization, Child Labour and Human Rights in India, University College Journal of Politics and Society.
- Children and their Human Rights, VinjanaKairali, Trivandrum.
- Fighting Terrorism, Reforming Governance and Human Rights in India, Holistic Thought.
- Millennium Development Goals and Human Rights: challenges towards international community, ISDA Journal.
- Terrorism, Genocide and Human Rights Violation in Jammu & Kashmir, Pragati.
- Participated in the National Consultation Workshop for developing training Manuel for Human Rights and Social Harmony held on April 29 and 30, 2008 at Rajeev Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sreeperumbudur, Chennai.
- Presented paper in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Human Rights Movement in India held at S. D. College, Alappuzha on 31-08-2009.
- Presented paper on Human Rights and Children in seminar sponsored by Human Rights Awareness Forum held at S N College, Kollam on 24th November, 2009.
- Presented paper on UGC Sponsored seminar on Women Empowerment at ST. Petres College Kolencheri on July 9, 2010.
- Participated in UGC Sponsored refresher course in Human Rights, University of Kerala (22 days).
- Participated in advanced training programme for college teachers in Social Science from 30-08-2010 to 04-09-2010 at Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai.
- Participated in workshop on the restructuring the under graduate programme in Human Rights (open course) held at University College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Participated in UGC sponsored refresher course in Human Rights conducted by the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Presented paper in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Environment, Growth and Human Development held at S N College, Cherthala.
- Participated in the state level workshop on the Protection of women from Domestic Violence from 4-6 July, 2008 at Govt. College, Kozhikode.
- Presented paper on Human Rights Situation in Kerala in the state level seminar held on 10th December, 2010 at S N M. Training College, Poochakkal.
- Presented paper on seminar conducted by SNM Training College on 16-12-2011 on Mullaperiyar and Human Rights Issues.
- Presented paper on the UGC sponsored seminar at NSS College for women, Karamana, TVM, on Right to Life, Environment and Human Rights.
- Chaired a session in the national seminar on State, Democracy and Governance organized by the Association of Political Scientists, Kerala at Government College, Kottayam on 5 & 6 February 2014.
- Participated as a resource person in a workshop on Electoral Laws Reforms and Economic Development organized by the PG Department of Economics, S N College on 10th January 2014.
- Served as a resource person in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Human Rights and Human Enrichment held at St. Peters College, Kolenchery on 6th & 7th Feb 2014.
- Served as resource person for the training programme on Rights of Children sponsored by National Human Rights Commission at S N College,Chengannur on January 9, 2012.
- Participated as resource person for the orientation course for the first year students of Govt. Polytechnic College, Cherthala.
- Participated as resource person for the orientation course for the first year students of Govt. Polytechnic College, Kaduthuruthy.
- Served Master Trainer, Census Population Enumeration – Alappuzha on 22nd to 29th January, 2011.
- Served as Co-ordinator, VaikomSathyagrahaSmaraka, Cultural and Research Centre, Vaikom.
- Acted as Nodal Officer, UGC sponsored UG course in Human Rights.
- Served as expert member for various Statutory Organization and Institutions.
- Acted as key resources person for the one day seminar on ‘Child Rights and its New Dimensions’ organised by the Chinmaya School, Alappuzha on 10-12-2012.
- Acted as resource person in the seminar on Police and Human Rights sponsored by the Institute of Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. Of Kerala on 6 & 7 January, 2012.
- Acted as key resource person for the class on Stress Management for the students of HSS Pallana, Alapuzha.
- Participated as a resource person for the Human Rights training programme at St. Joseph HSS Uzhavoor.
- Acted as resource person for teachers orientation programme on NAAC assessment and accreditation at DB College, Pamba.
- Acted as resource person for teachers orientation programme on NAAC assessment and accreditation at NSS College, Cherthala.
- Participated as resource person for Human Rights training at Maharajas College, Ernakulam.
- Presented paper on the two-day workshop on Emerging Trends in College Teaching for the 21st Century held on 1st and 2nd July 2017.